1.1 The Seller and Customer agree that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until:
- the Customer has paid the Seller all amounts owing for the particular Goods; and
- the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to the Seller in respect of all contracts between the Seller and the Customer.
1.2 Receipt by the Seller of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been
1.3 It is further agreed that:
- where practicable the Goods shall be kept separate and identifiable until the Seller shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Customer are met; and
- until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Seller to the Customer the Seller may give notice in writing to the Customer to return the Goods or any of them to the Seller. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease; and
- the Seller shall have the right of stopping the Goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made; and
- if the Customer fails to return the Goods to the Seller then the Seller or the Seller’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Customer, or any premises as the invitee of the Customer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods; and
- the Customer is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as the Seller has received payment in full for the Goods then the Customer shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods on trust for the Seller; and
- the Customer shall not deal with the money of the Seller in any way which may be adverse to the Seller; and
- the Customer shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of the Seller; and
- the Seller can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Customer; and
- until such time that ownership in the Goods passes to the Customer, if the Goods are converted into other products, the parties agree that the Seller will be the owner of the end products.
2.1 To the extent permitted by statute, no warranty is given by the Seller as to the quality or suitability of the Goods for any purpose and any implied warranty, is expressly excluded. The Seller shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods, or caused by the Goods, or any part thereof however arising.
2.2 For Goods not manufactured by the Seller, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Seller shall not be bound by nor be responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than that which is given by the manufacturer of the Goods.
3. Intellectual Property
3.1 Where the Seller has designed, drawn or written Goods for the Customer, then the copyright in those designs and drawings and documents shall remain vested in the Seller, and shall only be used by the Customer at the Seller’s discretion.
3.2 The Customer warrants that all designs or instructions to the Seller will not cause the Seller to infringe any patent, registered design or trademark in the execution of the Customer’s order and the Customer agrees to indemnify the Seller against any action taken by a third party against the Seller in respect of any such infringement.
4. Default & Consequences of Default
4.1 Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and one half percent (2.5%) per calendar month and such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate after as well as before any judgment.
4.2 If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify the Seller from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the Seller in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis and the Seller’s collection agency costs.
4.3 Without prejudice to any other remedies the Seller may have, if at any time the Customer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the Seller may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Customer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Seller will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage the Customer suffers because the Seller has exercised its rights under this clause.
4.4 If any account remains overdue after thirty (30) days then an amount of the greater of twenty dollars ($20.00) or ten percent (10.00%) of the amount overdue (up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00)) shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
4.5 Without prejudice to the Seller’s other remedies at law the Seller shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Customer which remains unfulfilled and all amounts owing to the Seller shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable in the event that:
- any money payable to the Seller becomes overdue, or in the Seller’s opinion the Customer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or
- the Customer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Customer or any asset of the Customer.
5. Security And Charge
5.1 Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which the Seller may have howsoever:
- where the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Customer and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to the Seller or the Seller’s nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under these terms and conditions. The Customer and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that the Seller (or the Seller’s nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be withdrawn once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met.
- should the Seller elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Customer and/or Guarantor shall indemnify the Seller from and against all the Seller’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) agree to irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint the Seller or the Seller’s nominee as the Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this clause 15.1.
6.1 The Seller may cancel any contract to which these terms and conditions apply or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice to the Customer. On giving such notice the Seller shall repay to the Customer any sums paid in respect of the Price. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation.
6.2 In the event that the Customer cancels delivery of Goods the Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Seller (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation.
7. Privacy Act 1988
7.1 The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree for the Seller to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Customer and Guarantor/s in relation to credit provided by the Seller.
7.2 The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree that the Seller may exchange information about the Customer and the Guarantor/s with those credit providers either named as trade referees by the Customer or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to assess an application by Customer; and/or
- to notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer; and/or
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and/or
- to assess the credit worthiness of Customer and/or Guarantor/s.
7.3 The Customer consents to the Seller being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
7.4 The Customer agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by the Seller for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Customer and Seller or required by law from time to time:
- provision of Goods; and/or
- marketing of Goods by the Seller, its agents or distributors in relation to the Goods; and/or
- analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to provision of Goods; and/or
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Customer; and/or
- enabling the daily operation of Customer’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer’s account in relation to the Goods.
7.5 The Seller may give information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about the Customer; and/or
- allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Customer.
8. Unpaid Seller’s Rights
18.1 Where the Customer has left any item with the Seller for repair, modification, exchange or for the Seller to perform any other Service in relation to the item and the Seller has not received or been tendered the whole of the Price, or the payment has been dishonoured, the Seller shall have:
- a lien on the item;
- the right to retain the item for the Price while the Seller is in possession of the item;
- a right to sell the item.
18.2 The lien of the Seller shall continue despite the commencement of proceedings, or judgment for the Price having been obtained.
9.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
9.2 These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of South Australia and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
9.3 The Seller shall be under no liability whatever to the Customer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Customer arising out of a breach by the Seller of these terms and conditions.
9.4 In the event of any breach of this contract by the Seller the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods.
9.5 The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against or deduct from the Price any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by the Seller.
9.6 The Seller may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Customer’s consent.
9.7 The Customer agrees that the Seller may review these terms and conditions at any time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which the Seller notifies the Customer of such change.
9.8 Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
9.9 The failure by the Seller to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect the Seller’s right to subsequently enforce that provision.